When it comes to our client’s investment dollar, we strive to ensure that money is deployed to maximize returns while mitigating risk.
BetaWest is committed to building enduring relationships with each of our clients. Our process includes a detailed initial review and thorough due diligence helps create additional value and minimize risks for your real estate investments.
Our due diligence team systematically analyzes each asset, the market, physical properties and any inherent purchase risks.
We have provided this type of value-added service for more than 25 years to a variety of clients, most recently with DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners—a global real estate fund platform with more than $4 billion of invested equity and $9 billion in assets.
- Completed acquisition diligence for more than $3.1 billion of assets including office, hotel, retail, multifamily, mixed-use and land
- Performed loan diligence and negotiation support for over $2.7 billion of construction and permanent financing
- Sold more than $1.6 billion of commercial real estate
- Leased in excess of 5 million square feet of commercial space
We provide an array of transaction services customized to your needs—in size, scale and time frame. Our team is distinguished by its combination of property and industry-specific expertise, local market knowledge, and responsive service. Additionally, we have an insight of specialized asset classes to offer each client the highest level of market assistance.
Our team has extensive experience in each of the following areas:
- Purchase and sale agreement negotiation
- Operator selection and management contract negotiation
- Franchise selection and agreement negotiation
- Investment underwriting
- Asset positioning/repositioning recommendations
- Professional consultant retention (engineering, environmental, market, legal)
- Capital programming
- Business plan evaluation
- Preparation of financing memorandums
- Accounting and financial system review
- Preparation of closing statements
We often implement other, more behind the scenes areas of assistance, including:
- Implementation of IT solutions
- Professional consultant selection and coordination
- Construction draw review and/or accounting
- Contractor selection and oversight
- Pre-opening asset management (sales, marketing and operations)
- Litigation support
- Expert witness testimony
- Forensic accounting
- Cost segregation studies
- Accounting and financial reporting outsourcing
- Capital gain maximization strategies
- Debt forgiveness structuring
- Operating cost minimization analysis and strategies
- Operational reviews
- Debt and equity capital structuring
- Cash flow and net operating income forecast modeling